The default delivery method for updates in Windows 10 is to get updates from Microsoft, PCs on your local network, and PCs on the Internet. This is a two way street – if you opt to get updates from other PCs on the Internet then you will at some point be using your own bandwidth to deliver updates to them.
Fortunately this is easily resolved as we can simply choose get updates from Microsoft and PCs on our local network as follows:
- Click the Start button and then click Settings,
- Click the Update & security button,
- Click the blue link for Advanced options,
- Click the blue link to Choose how updates are delivered,
- Leave the toggle for updates set to On and then click the PCs on my local network radio button,
- Close the Settings window.