This post has been in my drafts folder for about a year as I had an unresolved issue trying to upgrade to ViMP version 2.2x. I finally had time to look at it again today and everything went smoothly – and I can’t remember what I did differently when it was not working. Note that I do not have any modules installed in ViMP and so I am not covering how to upgrade them (see here).
For clarification my system variables are as follows (obviously you may need to change them if yours are different):
- ViMP installation directory – /var/www/showvid/data/
- MySQL user – root
- MySQL ViMP database – showvid
The upgrade process was as follows.
First I updated my Ubuntu 10.4 Server:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Copy vimp.2.2.1 to the home directory of your ViMP server and then copy it from the home directory to /var/www/showvid/data:
sudo cp vimp.framework-2.2.1-r19622-community.tar.gz /var/www/showvid/data/
Change directory to /var/www/showvid/data/:
Delete the lib directory:
sudo rm -Rf lib/
Change directory to config:
Delete databases.yml and propel.ini:
sudo rm databases.yml sudo rm propel.ini
Return to the data directory and delete the contents of the cache directory:
cd .. sudo rm -Rf cache/*
Extract the vimp-framework tarball:
sudo tar xvzf vimp.framework-2.2.1-r19622-community.tar.gz
Configure the showvid database and rebuild the ViMP installation:
sudo ./symfony configure:database mysql://DBUSER:DBPASSWORD@localhost /DBNAME sudo ./symfony rebuild sudo ./symfony i18:import
Here my DBUSER is root and DBNAME is showvid.
Now that I have finally upgraded to 2.2.1 I can start work on upgrading to 2.5.x!